Walk/Run to Remember Committee
- Committee members assist with logistics and preparation for the Walk/Run. Committee meets monthly June-October.
- Volunteers will assist with pre-registering participants and distributing incentives during the day at the Alzheimer’s Services office on Wednesday, October 3, 2018. Shifts are available between 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM.
Start & Finish Line
- Volunteers will meet at 8:30 AM to assist with putting up the inflatable arch for the races. Must be able to lift approximately 15 lbs.
Sign of Support Distribution
- Volunteers will assist with early set-up and place signs of support along the walk/run routes. Volunteers should report to the Old Front Nine no later than 6:00 AM.
- Volunteers will assist with set-up of tents, volunteer registration, participant registration, location and parking signage and other pre-event needs from 6:30 AM 9:00 AM
- Volunteers will assist with registering participants, teams, sponsors, as well as distributing incentives. Volunteers are needed between 7:00 AM 10:00 AM.
- Volunteers will assist with registering fellow volunteers and instructing volunteers wherever they are needed on-site from 6 AM 12 Noon.
- Volunteers will assist with photographing walkers/runners on the routes, Children’s Village, Start/Finish Line, Memory Market Exhibitors, band, volunteers, pet therapy, awards and other activities throughout the duration of the event. Volunteers are needed from 7:30 AM 12 PM.
- Volunteers will assist with set-up, face-painting, games, Fun Run and other activities in the Children’s Village tent, as well as clean-up/take-down. Volunteers are needed from 7 AM 12 Noon.
- Volunteers will assist with handing out water and assisting route guides. This is a group opportunity as 3 groups of 10 are needed at each water station. Volunteers are needed from 8:30 AM 12 Noon.
- Volunteers will assist runners/walkers during the route holding up signage and providing instructions at each turn around the route. Route guides must feel comfortable being stationed by themselves along the route. Volunteers are needed from 8:15 AM 10:30 AM.
Beverage & Food Crew
- Volunteers will assist with the fruit and water station at the start/finish line. Other volunteers will serve jambalaya and drinks during the event. Volunteers are needed from 9 AM 12 Noon.
- Volunteers will assist with the taking down of tents, picking-up signage and trash, packing up materials to be returned to the Alzheimer’s Services office. Volunteers are needed from 10 AM 12:30 PM.
Other volunteer needs include: Warm-Up Stretch Leader and Finish Line Attendants. For more information on these roles, please contact Londyn Pope May at 224-236-4617 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.